Friday, October 9, 2020

Letter to the Editor -- Grant City Ambulance Service

 Citizens of Worth County:

I have had concerned citizens ask me why Grant City Ambulance is taking forever or not answering calls. People are asking me why I no longer answer calls,this may make some upset but I feel the community has the right to know. I, along with others, were asked to turn our radios in if we could not go on weekend call (Friday 6 pm-Monday at 6 am). As I own two businesses and was training my workers to run it without me while Brian had his transplant, I regretfully turned mine in. I knew it would be hard for those left in Grant City to answer calls as they also work or have school. I do not like it—now citizens have to wait longer as ambulance comes from Sheridan most times. I feel the community needs to be aware of this, as they decide what to do in case of emergency. Please remember, these are all volunteer workers who also have other jobs and new trainee testing has been postponed due to the Covid 19 Virus. There is always a need for new volunteers, contact the Worth County Ambulance Board.

Hope this helps answer any questions or concerns the citizens might have. 


Sincerely, 

Kathy Sherer

Grant City


No comments: