Sunday, August 19, 2012

Come Ride the OATS Bus!

Did you know you can ride the OATS bus? I have been riding since 1999. I was invited to “at least go once and find out how much fun we can have.” I put off the invitation many times. I had a lot of excuses not to ride like, I can still drive. One day I decided to go. I found fellowship and long-lasting friendships.
I discovered that most of the others on the bus still drive and you didn’t have to be “old” to ride the bus. Going on the bus means many different things all rolled into one good trop.
On the one hand, it means picking up supplies, bargain hunting, and not having to fill the gas tank when we get home. It is less wear and tear on your automobile and more economic. I found I was away from home about the same amount of time as when I would drive myself. The fringe benefits were meeting other people and leaving the driving to courteous and helpful hands. On the other hand, it is not about shopping, it is about having a social life.
Many find eating alone isn’t much fun and all of us enjoy eating a balanced meal at the Stanberry Nutrition Center and other locations. While you ride, there is sharing family photos, prayer concerns, and so much more. One could say it is an extension of doin’ God’s work. With the prices of gas increasing, maybe it’s time to think of the OATS Bus for an alternate outing. Contact Vivian Coleman at (660) 564-2429 or Glenda Wyer at (660) 799-2232 or driver Brenda Hoover at (660) 373-0173 for a schedule or information about riding OATS.
--Submitted by Glenda Wyer

No comments: