Sunday, June 29, 2008

Letter to the Editor -- Graves' treatment of veterans

Letters to the Editor are the opinions of the writers and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Sheridan Express.

Congressman Graves has been a major disappointment to this Vietnam vet. I tried to get him to work with me on a complaint about a government contractor here. Congressman Graves’ office wouldn’t even make a phone call in my behalf. This non-action has cost me a load of money. Now with soaring prices, my wife and I stand to lose all we have worked for. I left his office feeling like I just came home from Vietnam. Feeling lost and alone. My only guess is there wasn't any news media around. This is not what I expect from a elected member of congress to handle a vets complaint. GOD save our recent vets from what myself and my fellow Vietnam vets went through when we come home.

Cleveland Woods
Kansas City, MO

No comments: