Monday, June 30, 2008

Setting in a Mousetrap, Pondering my Fate for July 2nd, 2008

I figured it out; good for me.
Many times I wonder, how stupid the government thinks we are. As I said in a recent article, "We all want to trust our government." I did as a boy until another Texas president got into office and started giving out free trips to Vietnam.
Now Bush has come on as the savior of the American motorist. The truckers are having troubles buying diesel, the airlines are all on the verge of being grounded and I really feel sorry for those who; like me, would like to have heat in their homes this winter. I wonder how many people are going to make it, but I have been wondering that for several years now.
Let me make this clear. When it comes to money I don’t trust anyone. Today while reading an article in the Des Moines Register, about drilling for oil, it finally hit me what Bush is up to. How do we get from Bush to the bottom line of his presidency, which is "no good?"
To refresh your memory, our beloved president wants to lift the ban on drilling off shore and in Alaska. On the surface that sounds really good, I mean really good. I really don’t think it takes brain surgery to figure it all out. What have the oil companies been wanting to do for several years but have run into political road blocks? You got the answer? Drill offshore and in Alaskan wildlife areas and whereever else oil companies want to drill. So what part of this big scare is about, is simply, a way to open new pools of oil for the oil companies, so they can get r____. (Fill in the last word yourself.) Not that they are not rich now. You have to remember this country is run by the oil companies. Our problem isn’t so much the amount of oil we have, it is we do not have enough resource to refine anymore. So what difference does it make how much oil there is if we cannot refine it fast enough? I read this one time. "Don’t lie, you won’t have to remember so much."
We have been told how many times that it is the speculators who are driving up the price of oil. The phrase begins, "If there is a 1. War 2. Natural disaster, or 3. The board members of Exxon-Mobil needed a new set of golf clubs the price is going to go up." I have told you before, the power of any leader is sealed like glue when he can make you afraid and makes you believe he is your only savior.
Frankly, I don’t care where they drill, I don’t worry about the spotted owl, I am not an environmentalist, I believe that no matter what happens, animals will adapt to the situation. They seem to be a little more flexible than many of us humans. Another thing, don’t tell me Iraq is not in a large part about oil. As far as I am concerned; Iraq’s oil has been bought and paid for by our service personnel. Why isn’t Iraq paying for its American mercenaries?
George Bush and his sidekick Sam Graves are now national heroes, like Cisco and Pancho, The Lone Ranger and Tonto or Cagney and Lacy. I hope Sammy is enjoying the kickbacks he gets from the oil companies. If you haven’t heard that before, you haven’t been reading your mail. I wonder how many other Republican congressmen are like Sammy? He gets up in the morning and asks George how he is to vote.
To put it simply, "the plot thickens."

No comments: