Sunday, June 1, 2008

Letter to the Editor -- Kay Barnes' values

Letters to the Editor are the opinions of the writers and do not necessary reflect the views and opinions of the owners or editor of the Sheridan Express.

I was displeased when I learned Graves attacked Candidate for Congress Kay Barnes’ values. When I was down on myself, Former Mayor Barnes took a little time to make a big difference. She took time to instill confidence in me, by offering encouragement. When others did not care. She told me if I wanted my life to get better then I should always try to help improve somebody else's life. She emphasized to me that I should always help somebody else become successful, because God will make sure that you are successful.
She gave me an assignment, by telling me everywhere I go I should be encouraging people by building them up, challenging them to reach for new heights, take time to make a difference. She said there's no greater investment in life than helping improve other peoples lives. And, relationships are more important that our accomplishments. She emphasized that God is counting on us to bring out the best in our spouse, in our children, in our friends and our families. She said that's one of the reasons she is here.
So, Candidate for Congress Kay Barnes’ values are deeply instilled. She does not simply exist for herself, she believes in people and she feels everyone can become something. She helped me to believe in myself.
Many people need simply somebody to spark a bit of hope. She was concerned and she did not write me off. She saw my potential. She said material accomplishments will soon be forgotten. The only thing that lasts is the investment we make in other people's lives. She said this is the same way she did it the past, now, and will do it the same in the future, by making people better off than they were before. And she will take those values with her to to Washington, D. C., and this is why I support Kay for Congress.

Gloria Abercrombie
Kansas City, MO

No comments: