Sunday, May 8, 2016

Tyler Steele Announces Resignation as Economic Developer

Tyler Steele announced his resignation as Economic Developer at the regular Worth County Progress Organization meeting last Tuesday. He said that he had taken a job as a project manager at Northwest Missouri State and that he could not devote time to both jobs at once. He will oversee painting projects at the university.

The Petaler will remain open for business. Lynsie Steele, his wife, will leave her position at Rural Missouri Insurance and run The Petaler full time. He said that he was still willing to help out.

The following is his resignation letter:

Dear Worth County Progress Board,
Please accept this letter as formal notification that I am resigning from my position as the Worth County Economic Developer. I will begin full-time employment in Maryville starting Monday, May 9th, 2016. 

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to work as the Economic Developer for the last 11 months. I appreciate the many opportunities to represent the City of Grant City, the County of Worth, and the Worth County Progress Organization. I’ve learned a lot about the governmental and non-profit processes along the way. I hope to utilize this information to benefit the area in the future. I wish I could have accomplished more in my tenure in the position, but I am not giving up on the idea of making a difference in our area.

I will wrap up my email correspondence with the other economic developers and be ready to transfer the ownership to the next candidate. I will do my best to explain the processes and information to the next economic developer. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to aid in the transition.

Sincerely,
Tyler Steele

No comments: