Saturday, April 19, 2008

Setting in a Mousetrap, Pondering my Fate for April 23rd

John McCain will be the next president.
As much as I hate to say it, I think unless something drastic happens between Hillary and Barrack, that John McCain will be and deservedly so, be the next President of the United States after the November elections. Unless he makes a terrible mistake, I think Senator McCain had better go on down the local post office and get his change of address stickers to read, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Why?
The Democrats have gotten away from the issues, they are doing nothing but picking at each other. Was what Hillary said that big of a deal? We all know she is a control freak and we all know that if Senator Clinton believes it to be true, then it is true, don’t doubt it. What Obama said, about people looking for a comfort wasn’t a big deal, but they went after each other and that is not want we need. Hillary calling Senator Obama an elitist, Now is that the pot calling the kettle black or what? We already know the kettle is black. :) McCain however is talking issues and solutions and that is what I want to hear. I want to hear the issues, I want to hear the candidate has a plan and I am the type who even believes he will institute them. Today, 4/15/08 McCain said that what should be done in the face of rising fuel prices is that congress suspend the federal gas tax from Memorial Day to Labor Day. People are not going to stop and consider what consequences will come out of that, neither am I, but it sounds at this time like a good idea.
I started to have this feeling before the day’s announcement. It started as I know the strong feelings the followers of Senator Clinton have and the strong feelings of the followers of Senator Obama. I believe that if their candidate is not the one chosen many democrats will not cross over and vote for the other democrat, but will either cross over and vote for Senator McCain or simple stay home. If my predictions happens the democrats are split pretty much equally in two and then are sunk. Unity after the convention will do no good. I talk to more and more people who don’t like any of the candidates and I am wondering what the turn out will be like. From what I read on this day, the election pie is pretty much spliced three ways. No one can afford to lose to many votes, especially the democrats.
At this time my allegiance sets with Senator Obama. Why? I have talked about this before but here are my feelings racist as they are. I never thought a black man could get this far in the race for the office of President of the United States. The man must have some good qualities within himself. He is not where he is because he is black. He is where he is because he is a man of quality.
Although I feel Bill Clinton did this country a lot of good and would love to see it go back to where it was when he was president. I would make a similar comment about Bill and Monica as Abe Lincoln said about General Grant. I think it would have been better if he would have had a wife that supported him and not competed against him. What was she doing running around the world anyway? I will never forget her comment, "We are the president."
I will never vote for a Republican for anything. If you are a Republican you are a supporter of Chairman George Bush in my eyes. I am excited about Bush leaving office and I hope he takes his rubber stamp Sam Graves with him. If Obama is not nominated for president, I will vote only for the congressional candidate and vote for an independent presidential candidate as I have done twice before. One of them I don’t even remember who he was; that was in 1980.
So I say, "Congratulations Senator McCain." At least I can say that, even if it is not with a sincere heart.

No comments: