Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Jared Simmons Spotlighted by NCMC

Jared Simmons from Grant City, Missouri has been selected as North Central Missouri College’s September Student Spotlight. Jared is a sophomore agriculture student, A+ scholarship recipient, Agriculture Club President, and a Student Ambassador at North Central.

Jared came to NCMC because as an FFA student in high school, he was always very impressed with Barton Farm Campus. Jared stated, “NCMC is the perfect fit for me. I love that the student teacher ratio is small, and it is affordable.”

Jared is an Agriculture and Natural Resources major and takes most of his classes at Barton Farm Campus. “David Nowland and Rustin Jumps are great instructors. My favorite class was Ag Marketing with Mr. Nowland; he is a genius about Ag business.” Stated Jared. When asked about Barton campus he said “Barton is great. It’s nice because I walk into my classes at Barton and everyone has the same interest and background as me which is like home. But then I go back to the main campus, and I’m surrounded by lots of different people with varied interests and backgrounds. I love that I get both; my peers with similar interests and the ability to meet new people every day.”

Jared plans to transfer to Northwest Missouri State University to major in Agronomy after his completion at North Central to obtain his bachelor’s degree. To learn more about NCMC Agriculture programs, visit www.ncmissouri.edu or contact David Nowland at 660-359-3948 x1314 or Rustin Jumps at x1336.

No comments: