Saturday, April 21, 2012

Worth County Vocal Music Gets I Ratings at Districts

For Solo and Small Ensemble District Contest Worth County took three solos and three small groups:
The following students took solos: Dakota Owsley received a "I" rating. Claire Andrews received a "I" rating. Brianna Fletchall received a "II" rating.
These are the following ensembles:
Mixed Double Quartet (Alaina Freeman, Claire Andrews, Jordan Hunt, Carli Jackson, Dakota Owsley, Shane Kollitz, Zach Ragan, & Clayton Ross) received a "I" rating.
Mixed Trio (Brianna Fletchall, Rebecca Moore, Dakota Owsley) received a "II" rating.
Girls Sextet (Alaina Freeman, Brianna Fletchall, Carli Jackson, Cassie Carter, Jen Runde, Rebecca Moore) received a "II" rating.
All those ensembles and solos receiving a "I" rating will be going to State Contest April 26th & 27th.
Worth County Concert Choir went to Large Ensemble State Contest in late March. The contest was held at Northwest Missouri State University. The two pieces performed were "Come To the Music" by Joseph Martin and "Follow the Golden Sun" by Ruth Elaine Shram. The Concert Choir received a "II" overall rating, but were very close to a "I" rating.
The Spring Choir Concert is May 10th at 7 pm in the High School Gym. All those ensembles and solos who received a "I" rating at District Contest, Concert Choir, and Swing Choir will be performing.

No comments: