Monday, August 21, 2017

Ashton Lewis Hits the Ground Running as Worth County 4th Grade Teacher

Ashton Lewis, the new 4th grade teacher at Worth County, is hitting the ground running. In her first few days of teaching, she has been familiarizing herself with the math curriculum at Worth County; she plans to read the book "Small Steps" by Peg Kehret to her class. It is an autobiography by the children's book author, who is a polio survivor. "I had an uncle who had it," said Lewis. She said that book was a big influence on her when her fourth grade teacher read it to her class at Fairfax.

She said the biggest influence on her life was her parents. "They kept me grounded so I didn't get too crazy," she said. "I've always wanted to be a teacher since 2nd grade. I've always had great teachers in school and in college, and I've learned a lot from them." She is a graduate from Fairfax and Northwest Missouri State.

No comments: