Monday, August 21, 2017

Rachel Runde, New 5th Grade Teacher, Returning to her Roots

New Worth County 5th grade teacher Rachel Runde said that the reason she came to Worth County was to connect to her roots. A Northeast Nodaway grad, her dad graduated from Worth County in the 1970’s.

“I want to do interactive hands-on learning with my students,” said Runde, who began her first day of school Thursday. “Kids learn that better that way; my plan is to use all available technologies to help them out.”

Hired for her first job out of college, Runde, along with other new teachers, receive mentoring at Worth County from more experienced teachers. “My mentor, Amy Jackson, along with Principal Chuck Borey have been very good in helping me get started,” said Runde.

She said that her favorite teacher at Northeast Nodaway was Mrs. Gabbert, who she said inspired her to get into teaching. She taught 1st grade at Northeast for many years. “She really cared about us, and her love and passion for education helped inspire me,” said Runde.

Runde graduated from Northwest Missouri State with a degree in Elementary Education. She has two brothers, Luke and Cody.

No comments: