Saturday, November 22, 2014

Worth County School Announces One Retirement, One Resignation

The Worth County School Board accepted two resignations during their closed session following their regular meeting Thursday. The first was Janell Dignan, resource teacher for grades 7-12. She will be leaving effective June 30th, 2015. She has taught for 37 years. She wrote, in part, "I am very glad that 34 of my 37 years in education have been spent here. I appreciate the opportunities and trust you have given me personally, as well as professionally. I have enjoyed working with and learning from my colleagues for the past 34 years, but I am ready to move on to the next phase of my life."

Mary Chapman wrote a letter of resignation effective May 20th, 2015. She said in her letter that one of her daughters and her husband, in Clarksville (TN), gave birth to a daughter who needed open heart surgery at 4 days old. She will be leaving to be with her daughter and son-in-law, who is currently serving with the 101st Airborne Division in Fort Campbell (KY). "I have truly been blessed to be a part of the Worth County School family for 11 years," Ms. Chapman wrote in her resignation letter. "I have made lifelong friendships at this wonderful school. Those friendships and relationships I have here at school are what make this decision so difficult."

No comments: