Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh, what was her name?

Submitted by Glenda Wyer
How many times has our memory parted when in conversation about someone? Does one call it a senior moment? It seems that in my lifetime, remembering names has not been as easy for me as recognizing faces.

Sometimes, it can lead to embarrassing situations. While in conversation, the whole time may be trying to think what their name is, who their children are, where they work, or how do I know this person. We are screaming inside for them to just drop a hint as to how we know each other.

After we go our separate ways, we spend the rest of the day trying to remember who they were and if we said something stupid to them. Perhaps one bolts out of bed in the middle of the night as their name came to us. Thankful that we can now get some rest!

In seasons of our life, many people will come and go. Perhaps, as they say, "If you don't use it you will lose it," they are referring to memory. It should feel like a compliment that they recognized me. Perhaps it wasn't my looks that they remembered, but something I did that stuck in their memory bank. Whatever it was, I hope it was good.

I am thankful that God knows each one of us by name! Though we may change in looks, God recognizes us by our hearts. After all, HE is our creator. How does He recognize you?

No comments: