Monday, August 18, 2008

Walk 1440 for August 20th, 2008

by Jeff Blaine
A single tear rolled down her cheek…
What’s in a tear? Water? Salt? Have you considered: a lifetime?
She is 91 & life was recently dealt a difficult blow to her body…a stroke.
Having just learned she can no longer drive…the painful tears of change flow freely…the fear filled tears of a future unknown stream down her cheeks…what is it about tears?
Those tears I have cried too…my 38 years have seen my share of change & uncertainty resulting in tear swelled eyes.
Yet, the tears each of us cry are different from others because our tears are born of the pain, change, joy, or suffering unique to our own life…we are the sole owners of our tears.
Oh, that someone could understand the saltiness of our tears…someone so familiar with us that they know those tears flow from the very center of our being.
Oh, that someone could have the ability to wipe away our tears, wanting to care for us, as they listen to the depths of our heart pouring out the joy, the pain, the fear, & the suffering.
Someone who knows why we cry in the night…our sobs echoing in the silence.
Someone who knows the sorrow from my loss, my hurt, my pain…my trouble.
Someone who can tell me through the mind numbing grief I feel…they truly understand.
If only someone could know & take into account the "why" of our tears…might it stop the flow?
You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle
Are they not in Your book? Psalm 56:8
That someone is our God…
Who can possibly know the very depth of each tear but our God?
Who can possibly know our very soul but our God?
Why does our God take an "account of my wanderings"?
Why does our God keep the tears so bitterly spent in His bottle?
Why does our God write in His book the painful days of my life marked with my tears?
Might it be love?
Why would someone care to consider the lifetime in a tear if they didn’t love the one crying?
Why would someone care to track the memories of that lifetime in those tears if they didn’t want to comfort the one crying?
Isn’t it a comfort to know…you don’t cry alone?
There are 1440 minutes in a day…WALK1440 knowing your tears are known

No comments: