Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Faith is Reality

How would I know I was happy if I never felt sad?
How would I know what was good if I'd never known bad?
It's because of hate we seek love;
This is the way life's supposed to be, this is faith; faith is reality.

How would I know what was right if I'd never been wrong?
We learn from mistakes; was that God's plan all along?
And how on this earth would anyone grow if there wasn't an opposite word for no?
Never look back to the way it should be; today is the only reality.

Accept life, my friends, and banish your fear,
Faith is not knowing our purpose here.
Give all that you can and what you can't, let go.
That's all we can do, we're humans you know!

It's not about Scripture, it's not about laws;
It's about keeping faith, knowing all of our flaws.
Wisdom -- is the means to the end and cannot be attained without loss, without pain.
This is the way life's supposed to be, this is faith; faith is reality.

--Kathleen Goerlitz
--Submitted by Jerry Drake
--

No comments: